| GUIDED VISIT|
| WINERY VISIT|
- Inter-generational cork workshop: Senior workers explain their experiences and demonstrate the art of manufacturing corks using old-fashioned techniques.
- Cork harvesting social: A full day in a cork oak plantation where the harvesting process is demonstrated where there are also exhibitions, product trade fairs, cork workshops, conferences, traditional cuisine, music, dancing, etc...
- Continued programme of temporary exhibitions.
- Cork and social development: organisation of congresses, technical seminars, and various types of meetings related to the cork industry.
- Museu del Suro de Palafrugell Sponsorship: Annual sponsorship of € 3,000 to promote research regarding cork from a social and scientific perspective.
- Palafrugell restaura: A series of annual exhibitions about a restored piece. The study of the piece is exhibited as well as its historic context and the restoration process.
- "Ricard Mur, fotógrafo del corcho". A series of photographs dating back to the decade of the 20’s of the cork production process.
- "La saca del corcho: actividad compartida, culturas diferenciadas". Photographs of cork harvesting by Josep Capellá in Jimena de la Frontera (Cádiz).
- "La mujer en la industria corchera (siglos XIX y XX)".
- L'Estoig Magazine: 5 volumes published (3 miscellaneous and 2 regarding the union "Sindicato Nacional de Madera y Corcho" and regarding "Los Efectos de la gran Guerra en la Industria Corchera").
- Colección Estudis: 2 volumes published (Joaquim Alvarado: "El negoci del suro a L'alt Empordá (segles XVIII i XIX" y Pere Sala: "Manufacturas de Corcho S.A. Líder de l'exportació industrial espanyola (19000-1930)").
- Exhibition Catalogues: "Ricard Mur, fotógrafo del suro", "Va de Suro", "Ocells i mamífers de la sureda"...
- Palafrugell restaura: 3 volumes published.
- Educational book: One issue of the series from the Museu Nacional de la Ciencia i de la Técnica de Catalunya museum.
- Cork and the Environment: One issue of the series from the Museu Nacional de la Ciencia i de la Técnica de Catalunya museum.
- "Suro,Corcho, Cortiça, Cork, Kork, Korken" Edited within the framework of the European programme, "People are the real history".
Information and Reservations
MUSEU DEL SURO DE PALAFRUGELL
C/ Tarongeta, 31
C.P: 17200 Palafrugell.
(Museu Nacional de la Ciència i de la Técnica de Catalunya) www.mnactec.com
From June 15 to September 15:
Mornings from 10:00 to 13:30.
Evenings from 17:00 to 20:30.
Sundays 10:00 - 13:30
Public Holidays: Open all day
From September 16 to June 14:
From Tuesday to Saturday: Evenings from 17:00 to 20:00.
Sundays and holidays: Mornings from 10:30 to 13:30.